Saturday, July 18, 2009

Movies!

OK! Here are the recent movies I want to see or buy!

First is Coraline. I saw the movie already in the theater and I want to buy it now when the DVD comes out on Tuesday July 21st. It was such an amazing book and movie that I really think I need to own it. There is also a lot of good memories attached to that movie. It was the first movie Dustin and I saw together and I remember having a really great time with him that night. I still have to get back my movie Repo! from him as well, probably won't ever see that again...but I can still try.

Another DVD that comes out when that one does is The Watchmen. I never got to see it in the theater because I didn't have anyone to go with. Not many people like that sort of movie but me. I might invite a few people over and we can watch it, people are generally more apt to see a movie that they don't have to pay for.

The next movie I really want to see is out in theaters now and its called (500) Days of Summer. Its about a story of boy that meets girl, begins the wry, probing narrator of '500 Days of Summer,' and with that the film takes off at breakneck speed into a funny, true-to-life and unique dissection of the unruly and unpredictable year-and-a-half of one young man's no-holds-barred love affair.

Tom, the boy, still believes, even in this cynical modern world, in the notion of a transforming, cosmically destined, lightning-strikes-once kind of love. Summer, the girl, doesn't. Not at all. But that doesn't stop Tom from going after her, again and again, like a modern Don Quixote, with all his might and courage. Suddenly, Tom is in love not just with a lovely, witty, intelligent woman - not that he minds any of that - but with the very idea of Summer, the very idea of a love that still has the power to shock the heart and stop the world. (that was copied and pasted from
moviefone.com)

The only problem with this movie is that it isn't playing at any theaters near here. In fact it isn't at any theater in a 50 mile radius. So I might have to wait until that one comes out on DVD.

The next movie I want to see is a sad but strangely uplifting story about Sara and Brian, a married couple who are coasting through life with their young son and daughter when tragedy threatens to tear the family apart. Suddenly, their baby girl falls ill, and her only hope for survival rests in her parents' ability to find a compatible bone marrow donor. Desperate to save their daughter's life at any cost, Sara and Brian conceive another child in hopes that the baby will be a genetic match. But that decision raises a series of moral and ethical questions that rapidly begin to erode the foundation of the once-happy couple's relationship. Incensed upon learning that she was brought into this world for the singular purpose of prolonging the life of her ailing older sister, the young girl ultimately decides to sue her parents for the rights to her own body.

It brings up a lot of moral questions and it seems that it is going to be a good movie. Its at least playing nearby ha ha. It seems that there is a fair amount of movies that I will be able to see now that I am laid off. I'm sort of excited. Not sure if I like going alone to any of them, but you gotta do what you gotta do ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment