Monday, April 13, 2009

Make the insanity stop

This week has just begun and I already want it to be over. I'm working right now at the office and I have work that I could be doing but instead I think I will update my blog... 

I'm trying to stay positive and I'm thinking good thoughts so as not to get too overwhelmed by how busy I'm going to be this week, but my gosh is it hard to do. If I can get through this week alive then I know I can handle anything. 

Here is my week...

Today and everyday I work until 3pm, lets get that out of the way right now. So going into my evenings, I will already be somewhat tired, and possibly cranky and or bored, plus I might have some minor or major back pain from sitting in my desk chair all day.

Tonight I have class at 3:15 until god knows when. Probably until 6 or 7 though. Then home to work on my homework that I realized from doing it last week, takes the better part of a day or so to complete. And since my week is going to be so packed, I want to get a head start on it tonight. 

Tuesday and Wednesday I have to go to the spa straight from work, to do two massages back to back starting at 3:30pm each day and letting me go home around 6pm or later. Home for dinner, which chances are will not be something I like as my mother is in the habit of making things I can't eat so as to have more for the rest of the family. Then maybe homework then bed as I will most likely be exhausted.

Thursday I get a little break because I get home from work at 3 and then I don't have a massage to do until 4:30pm and its for a friend and its also at my house so I can feel a bit more relaxed. Probably will finish that between 5:30 and 6pm and then maybe more homework or some dinner and maybe go to sleep early. 

Friday, blissful Friday, is my "day off" of massage but unfortunately I still have to work at the office. I get out at 3 and at this point I hope that I will be able to see my boyfriend for a little bit if I haven't already seen him this week. I will have to go to bed pretty early though as I have to wake up early the next morning to be in Fraser at 8:30am until 4pm (yay! my whole day off!) for an all day driving class because of a ticket I got for speeding in November of last year. 
After that I will probably see my friend or my boyfriend and recover the last part of my day so that my weekend didn't totally suck balls.

Sunday I have church at 10am and then I have a massage directly afterward at my house for a friend I haven't seen in a long time. She will be in town for a few hours with her daughter and so I offered to give her a massage. I wouldn't normally be this busy but I have to complete 30 clinical hours at the spa before June 30th and then I have to have 300 hours of "practice" and homework don't at my house on my own time by the same date. If that means doing 2 massages everyday until my fingers feel like they are going to fall off then so be it. 

I am trying to think of all the positive things that will happen this week instead of the bad things, for instance: I will be giving a full body massage to a man for the first time. This will allow me to see how much oil/lotion I will need for a guy. Jessica says that I will need more because their legs/back/arms are hairier then a woman"s and so its harder the get the oil to penetrate the skin for a good massage. Also I will have to most likely give harder pressure when I massage a guy. Up until now I haven't really given a "therapeutic massage"(more pressure) because I do softer Swedish pressure. This will give me the opportunity to learn how to give more firm pressure in a massage, something I will need to know how to do eventually. Also there's always the chance I will make some tips. I can't charge people since I am still a student, but some people give me tips if they like the massage I give them so there's always the chance that I can make a little cash this week although I am not going to get my hopes up ha ha.

Weeks like this won't always be the case. I am going to be busy for the next month or so but not always to this degree. I will most likely keep Monday for class, Tuesdays and Wednesdays for clinical and then Thursdays OR Sundays for one or 2 massages for friends. but Friday and Saturday I will have off more often then not and even though I have lots of homework, I'm getting better at it now. I only need 30 clinical hours which if i do 4-6 a week, will give me about 6 weeks until I'm done. That's pretty good I think. I can always stretch it out more, but I really want to get it over with. I wish that I had known about it sooner-thanks Deanna :( but since I just found out, I am starting as soon as I can, which is this week. 

In other news, Dustin's friend is putting in a offer for a house that they found that they like a lot. I think Tuesday they are doing it and I will be praying for them that they get it because this will be really good for Dustin. He needs to get out of his house before his family drives him crazy. I think him and I are doing well. Certainly better then my other relationships at this point. Its only been a few months but already I am very attached. He is a wonderful and interesting person. I'm always learning something new. And even though he can be difficult on occasion, I still think he's awesome. Must be spring fever hitting me ha ha. I can't wait for our Chicago trip in May. He bought our NRA tickets this past weekend and so our trip is pretty much final. We also planned out most of the trip on paper and made dinner reso's at the Signature Room. Definitely can't wait for that. 

My guinea pig is doing well. He hasn't sneezed much at all in the last few weeks but I'm not really home during the day so he could be and I'm just not there to hear it...he is warming up to me a lot more. He talks to me every morning when I wake up and he whistles at me when I leave or enter my bedroom lol. My dog Suki is jealous I think. I admit I haven't been home as much as I usually am and so I haven't been playing with her like I used to. I can't take her with me when I stay the night at Dustin's and I never have time to walk her. One thing I'm going to love when I become a certified therapist is that I can quit my job here at the office during the days and I will have more time to spend with her and with my family. I can do massage then at anytime I want to and maybe pick up a small part time job near my house for just a few hours a week to supplement my pay. 

Well, I think that I can handle this week but I still can't wait until its over. I'm going to miss my baby this week but this will give him some time away from me since we spent the whole weekend together practically, I do not want him to think we see each other too much. Thoughts like that are always the beginning of the end of a relationship with the guys I date, although he is different, I'm not taking any chances :)

No comments:

Post a Comment