Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One step closer to my dream

I had my first pseudo client last night for a massage. Her wedding is coming up soon and she has been stressed because of it I'm sure so I offered to practice on her and since I don't charge anything, she said heck yeah.

She's a girl I went to private school with and then high school but we were never really friends because she was super popular and I was a total geek/freak. There was a short time, maybe I think around 8th grade where the popular girls shunned her for a period of time because they were all back stabbing bitches in the day, and she and I bonded for a bit because she only lived a few blocks away and she had no one else to talk to. 

All my friends who were also geeks/freaks were upset that I would even talk to her after all the crap she had done to me, and I took a lot of flack for it, but being in the position I was in, I knew exactly what she was going through and I remember not having anyone to sit with at lunch, or to talk to at recess. I'm sure to her, I was better then having no one and so we became friends and found out that we actually had a ton in common. 

Not only did I play on her soccer team outside of school but we lived only a few blocks from each other and both had pools in our backyards. We would swim and have sleepovers and ride our bikes around. Then came 8th grade graduation and I never saw her again(because she went to a different high school her freshman year) until 10th grade when she transferred to my public high school. we talked on the first day during orientation, mainly because she didn't know anyone else, and then after that we never really talked again. until yesterday. 

Now I'm not saying we're going to become friends again like we were in 8th grade, I mean the woman has enough on her mind with her wedding day closing in and all, and she probably has no time to be making new friends but it was nice to catch up with her and to see what shes been up to the past few years. Its amazing how people get old and grow apart or how they get old and grow closer. Friends are a funny thing

No comments:

Post a Comment